Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 8-7-2014
Hualapai Radio Station Advisory Committee
Meeting minutes 8/7/2014
- Intro and Approval of Minutes-Persona attending meeting included: Bennett Jackson, Cultural Dept; April Havatone; Court and Community; Vivian Parker, Health Dept and community; Tina Grounds, Court and Community: Lyndee Hornell, Health Dept, community, DJ; Duane Clarke, law enforcement and community dj; Wanda Quasula, law enforcement and dj and Terri Hutchens, radio station staff.
- Status of Terrestrial Station
- Terri presented the build out plan. (any one wanting copies of the charts please stop by station) Terri gave report about collaboration with Public works and involvement, assistance and bids from Matt Krick, Fred Hannell, Devault electric, Ferrell gas and Frontier, Matt Krick, Fred Hannel, frontier, Ferrell gas dewault electric ; Terri reported on signal delivery method that had been recommended by Matt Krick and approved by Fred Hannel
to keep costs down.
- Status of Community Volunteers/Contests
- Terri reported on current shows and community volunteers-djs that regularly now include Miranda George, Wanda Quasula and Lyndee Hornell, Dempsey Wellington and Duane Clark and Shawna Havatone. Tina Grounds agreed to begin co-hosting…and possibly eventually take over the rock show currently being hosted by staff, Terri.
- Discussion was held regarding the community surveys. Terri reported that many were collected at the Mother/Daughter event July 18, Garnett is distributing them at Tribal offices and Duane is still delivering them door to door throughout the community. We will keep letting them dribble in for awhile. Lyndee suggested setting up the survey on survey money and consensus was that was a good idea. She will help with this.
- Terri requested volunteers to screen new music for the music library now that WIA workers are gone for the summer.
- Discussion was held regarding other potential volunteers. Terri will contact Everett Manakaja regarding transitional housing residents. Vivian indicated she would speak with and possibly bring Malinda in. Gloria continues to express interest but has issues with health and transportation.
- Updates re programming /operations/content
- Terri reported on Production and Broadcasting Training-that was planned for July 31., because of good response and turn out at the last one. Dano came and Terri had put a curriculum together, but no staff or volunteer djs showed up. Dano stay later and did some one on one broadcast training with Ivan during his scheduled show and Wanda arrived late and did some training with Terri regarding music ripping and loading and processing content.
- Terri reported that staff djd mother/daughter event and Terri manned a booth distributing promotional products and taking surveys
- Discussion was held regarding the 225 new Hualapai Word and Phrase of the day pieces produced by Dano. Terri has received feed back they are too fast and is having Dano repeat the language between the into/outro. Duane also suggest bird music be added to help with lengthening the pieces and give it more of a traditional sound. Terri will assign this to Dano.
- Status of youth programming-WIA/BGC/Youth Council/Probation/Youth rehab
- Terri gave a very brief report on her Native Public Media presentation and conference-travel 7/9-7/13. But provided copies of her notes. If anyone wants them-stop by the station. She also had hand outs from the FCC from the conference that are available at the station.
- Because the meeting was short due to the community meeting the Report on outcome of travel re NARCH project July 10 and 11;July contests-give aways; Music library status report and Sales and promotion status report were tabled; however she distributed a memo with July music requests and acquisitions, which are also available at the station.
- The next meeting will be Thursday August 22, 2014 at the station at 5pm. We will try this day and time to see how attendance is compared with Tuesday at noon and revisit it in the future.