Advisory Committee Meeting Minutes - 6-10-2014
Hualapai Radio Station Advisory Committee
Meeting Minutes 6/10/2014
- Introductions and Approval of Minutes- Those attending included Duane Clarke, community dj; Terri Hutchens, Tim Vaughn and Miranda George from Radio Station; Ivan Bender, community dj; Wanda Quasula, Law Enforcement, and Cliffany Mowa from BGC; Leon Ghate and Sandra Irwin from Health Dept.
- Status of Terrestrial Station-Terri reported we are waiting for the local permit to be issued-then we will go forward with RFPs and construction after having possible engineers do site visits and recommendations. Public works has been assisting and is scheduled to start studio construction in one week.
- Status of Community Volunteers/Contests- Terri, Tim, Miranda, Duane and Ivan spoke regarding current community and staff dj programs and upcoming giveaways and events, including Father’s Day, Reggae in the Desert and Castle Rock sponsorship events. Leon and Wanda spoke about their plans to do shows. Discussion was held regarding initial response to charging for event services.
- Updates re programming /operations/content- Discussion was held regarding the current programming and Terri reported regarding cancelation of NV1 program Warrior Report is also being canceled by NV1 due to host illness. Advisory Committee reviewed draft community survey and survey and gave input for additional inquiry. Terri reported on status of new music and totals in the music library and had previously emailed a table re same.
- Other -Reports were made regarding the status of youth programming-WIA/BGC/Youth Council/Probation; The committee will continue meeting twice monthly until the FM station launches. The next meeting will be Tuesday 6/24 at noon at the radio station.